Sunday, February 04, 2007

In My Language

Wow...I just finished watching an 8 minute clip on YouTube entitled In My Language that my friend, Mike Green, recommended to me this past week. It's amazing. It's better than watching the Super Bowl. If you click to it -- please take the time to watch the whole thing, 8 minutes and 35 seconds. It is a woman communicating in her own way with the world around her. She talks about being confined by the way that people put her into a box and say that she is only communicating when she is speaking in language that others can understand. Through the sharing of her story -- and through watching her interact with her world (the first four minutes) and then listening to her explanation (the last four minutes) it helps one (okay, it helped me) see a whole new world. The woman in the video mentions autism as one of the definitions given to people who interact with the world as she does. But it simply makes me aware that we all have are own way. And it is a challenge to me, to look more deeply, to pay more attention to the way each of us see the world and live within it.

Coming out of church today Bob said to me that his doctor had been concerned that his blood pressure was so high. He asked Bob why he thought it was so high. Bob responded that it was because he lived in this world. The way the woman in the video interracts with her world -- seems very healthy -- including making this video to share her story with others. What a gift!

3 Comments:

Blogger Don Bryant said...

I think this world will cause high blood pressure until we sit in the waiting room of the Great Physician. We won't call it an HMO, we will call it HOME

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The earliest I could get a job was when I was 15 years old, and nfl jerseys store I wanted a job as a teenager. While I wouldn't classify christian louboutin shoes my family as poor, we weren't exactly wealthy, either. I wanted a job so I NFL Jerseys could have my own source of income without having to bother my parents for Nike Free Run money. It was independence. By having my own job, I'd be able to Nike Roshe Run start saving money Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes for a car when I got my license at 16 and just have some spending cash to do with christian louboutin uk as I pleased. That's why, louboutin outlet no more than a week after my 15th Nike Air Max 90 birthday, I got a job at a drug store down the street cheap nfl jerseys from my house. wholesale nfl jerseys I worked 15-25 hours per week, taking shifts after school and on weekends. Well, it wasn't long after I started the job that something came

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home