Thursday, August 31, 2006

How To Throw A Great Party

Last night my son Jordan sent me a paper on e-mail so that I could print it off on the printer for him. It was instructions on how he thought to throw a great party. Now -- that seems like a really great thing to think about. It's a gospel thought. I'm glad he's thinking about it and setting his ideas down in black and white. What do you have to say about how to throw a great party?

How To Throw A Great Party
By: Jordan Mather-Licht


There are a few essential things to throw a great party. I think there are eight essential things and one, not so essential. You will need invitations, a location, a proper chaperone, food, music, a date for the party, entertainment, and maybe a pool.
You can handwrite, create on the computer, or buy invitations. You can deliver them in many different ways. Some ways are e-mail, mail, hand delivered, or stick them in someone's locker at school. Keep in mind not everyone you invite will be able to come. Keep a list of everyone who says they can come.
You must decide on a location. Decide on a place big enough for all your guests. It needs to be somewhere where everyone can find it and it's not too remote. There will need to be room for dancing, snack tables, games, and chairs. Also be sure a chaperone is watching carefully to prevent anything illegal, lethal, or hazardous from happening.
Organization is also essential because without organizing everything who knows what could happen. Next snacks will be needed so everyone doesn't leave for food. You want to have a good outfit especially if you are the host. You will want decorations all around maybe just classic streamers etc. but nothing tacky.
You need the proper music that fits this time and age. You do want some activities like pin the tail on the donkey, but that is just a suggestion. A swimming pool is optional but it could be good. You don't just want random people at a party you probably want friends you have known for a while. Those are the essentials.
You want to pick a day when everyone can come. Like when they don't have an early curfew. You don't want a party that will last two days. The party should last a few hours and leave an hour to clean the decorations up. So timing is very important.
If you can afford it you might want to book some entertainment, but don't max out your parents credit cards. If you do hire someone you just want a singer or something. If you can, get a comedian. Just watch your budget.
Never promise anything you can't deliver or else you can be in a lot of trouble with your guests. So be careful of what you say. Don't try too hard to impress your guests. Just be yourself and you'll do fine. That is how you throw a great party.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wise words, Jordan, very wise! I know you are bound to throw many a great party in your future...and I just hope that I'll be invited to atleast one. Awesome essay!!! I laughed, I cried...but most importantly...I partied!

Thanks!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jordan, I am now officially putting YOU in charge of the Saturday night party for the Broadway Homecoming!!! Great job, you'll do fine!

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jordan,

Sounds like you are well on your way to planning a great party. I laughed when I read the part about maxing out your parents credit cards!!!

Love,

Beth

2:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The earliest I could get a job was when I was 15 years old, and nfl jerseys store I wanted a job as a teenager. While I wouldn't classify christian louboutin shoes my family as poor, we weren't exactly wealthy, either. I wanted a job so I NFL Jerseys could have my own source of income without having to bother my parents for Nike Free Run money. It was independence. By having my own job, I'd be able to Nike Roshe Run start saving money Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes for a car when I got my license at 16 and just have some spending cash to do with christian louboutin uk as I pleased. That's why, louboutin outlet no more than a week after my 15th Nike Air Max 90 birthday, I got a job at a drug store down the street cheap nfl jerseys from my house. wholesale nfl jerseys I worked 15-25 hours per week, taking shifts after school and on weekends. Well, it wasn't long after I started the job that something came

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home